Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Temple



The primary goal I set out with was to make a Temple-like structure with an appropriate surrounding. Fairly broad but simple.

I'm relatively satisfied with the result. I want to work a bit on the lighting from the fires out front still. If I could do it over, I'd have focused more on variations in positioning than intensity in order to get the effect I was looking for. The textures turned out fairly well, although I want to spruce up the stairs a bit. I also obviously need to add an interior. In fact, the one thing I definitely learned is that making sure to save frequently doesn't help at all if you don't make sure the location you are saving to actually has enough space to keep the file. Despite that minor setback, though, I do really like how it turned out, especially the camera perspective, although I wish I could have allowed more time for it to "look around" without having to have added hours to the render time.

No comments:

Post a Comment