The first the I worked on was the interior. To keep it from being boring, I thought it would need stuff in it, which lead to this:
Ultimately, rather than a wall hanging, these wound up in the final project as the character's sword. I also decided to light the interior with torches:
Once I'd had the idea of using torches, it was a short leap to creating a long hallway of torches, and then having them light sequentially sending light down the hall (and effect I've always liked):
I then moved on to creating the "character of the animation" opting to go for an arm:
Apparently, joints don't scale down in size when you attach them to small objects, so there is a lot of overlap and it's difficult to distinguish between the joints for the shoulder/elbow/wrist/two knuckles per finger. This was a situation where I was extremely grateful for the Outliner.
The next step was attaching the arm to the camera (consequently making the tangle of joints even worse, but beyond a certain point it doesn't really make a difference and it was all still fully functional):
I made created significantly more shadow in the exterior than had existed in the mid term version, so I decided to give my character a portable light source. Initially, I wanted to have him carry his own torch around, but there was some difficulty scaling the particle effects properly and so I opted to create a lantern for him instead:
The final end result:
meanwhile an entire civilization of pixel based lifeforms that depend on your absolute power for their very existence are wondering why you have forsaken them. why did he create us, only to abandon us? these are the kinds of questions their pixel children ask them, but they have no answer, save to hope that some day he will return. moth.
ReplyDelete